Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sethers Turns 7

I can't believe my boy has turned 7 years old! Where has the time gone? My Sethers - I can't even describe in words what a wonderful tender-heart he is and how lucky I feel to be his Mom. He is no longer physically a baby anymore but he will always be MY baby boy in my heart.

He was such a sick baby having 2 surgeries by the time he was a year and a half old. From the time he was born, Seth was NOT a sleeper. He didn't sleep in his own bed until he was three and up until that time he became a professional snuggler. Seth is a great snuggle-bug to this day and every morning he jumps at any opportunity to come and snuggle in bed with me just to talk, rub his cold feet on me and tell me how much he loves me. Lately I have clenched my teeth wondering if at his age if it is inappropriate for him to be snuggling with ANY adult but I am so afraid it will stunt his loving and warm personality.



It makes my chin quiver to look back at his short life so far and realize that there are so many more wonderful memories and birthdays to come. Soon enough my sweet boy won't run to me anymore for hugs and kisses, leaving me to beg for the once affectionate, innocence of the past. Happy Birthday Sethers! I love you for eternity!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Seth! What a sweet post...I love it!

sissy bell said...

He looks bigger and more adult-looking in every photo!!!!! My little cousin isn't so little anymore!!!! He looks so happy with his cake and presents!!!!! Before we know it he's going to be in college. It seems like he's going to catch up to me!!!!!! Malila :)